- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License, or ability to obtain one if offered employment.
- Current Washington State and/or National Registry Paramedic Certification, with the ability to be certified within Grays Harbor County (out-of-state applicants must be able to obtain Paramedic certification in accordance with Washington State Department of Health requirements within 6-months of employment).
- Those currently enrolled in an accredited paramedic program are encouraged to apply and will be considered.
- Current CPAT Certification (card or certificate from recognized & certified testing location must be provided at time of entry into the written Exam).
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical, psychological, driving and criminal background evaluations
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 certification.
- Associates Degree in Fire Science, Fire Protection Technology, Paramedicine or related field.
Wages and benefits vary based on respective agency IAFF Collective Bargaining Agreement, and may include the following:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Medical Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Plan
- Law Enforcement and Firefighters Retirement System (LEOFF II)
- Deferred Compensation Plans with Employer Match
- Educational and Longevity Incentives
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Compensatory, Bereavement and Holiday Time
- Positions represented by International Association of Firefighters
Applicants should submit the following: Cover Letter, City of Hoquiam Employment Application, Firefighter/Paramedic Supplemental Application and a $25.00 application fee, made payable to the City of Hoquiam.
All Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on April 30, 2021 at the City of Hoquiam Finance Department (postmark does not constitute receipt, incomplete applications will not be accepted).
To obtain an application contact follow the links below. Alternatively, you can pick up packet at: City of Hoquiam Finance Department at 609 8th Street, Hoquiam.
- Download Announcement
- City of Hoquiam Employment Application
- Firefighter Paramedic Supplemental Application