LATERAL FIREFIGHTER/ PARAMEDIC REQUIREMENTS
- At least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License, or ability to obtain one if offered employment
- One year minimum experience as a full time paramedic
- Current Washington State and/or National Registry Paramedic certification, with the ability to be certified in Grays Harbor County (Out of state applicants must be able to obtain Paramedic certification in accordance with Washington State Department of Health Requirements)
- Current CPAT Certification (card or certificate from recognized & certified testing location must be provided at time of conditional job offer)
- Ability to pass pre-employment medical, psychological, driving, and criminal background evaluations
- Currently employed with one year full-time experience in a Firefighter position or volunteering for a fire agency with two years consecutive service in a Firefighter position
- IFSAC Firefighter 1 certification
- IFSAC Hazardous Materials Awareness and/or Operations certification
- Associates Degree in Fire Science, Fire Protection Technology, or related field
How To Apply
- Applicant should submit a cover letter, City of Hoquiam Employment Application and resume.
- All applications should be turned into the City of Hoquiam Finance Department
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- To obtain an application contact: City of Hoquiam Finance Director at 609 8th St Hoquiam, Washington 98550;
- Alternatively, call 360-538-3969 or https://cityofhoquiam.com/employment/
- Application: A completed application and resume will be evaluated and scored. Please include any and all Fire (IFSAC, NIMS, etc.) and Paramedic (AHA credential) certifications.
- Interview: All applicants will be evaluated and scored. Applicants with a passing score of 70% will have a scheduled interview with the Chief(s).
- Position Openings: Conditional offers of employment for successful candidates will be extended by the Fire Chief at their discretion. Current and near future openings may be filled from this one year after certification by the Civil Service Commission. Employment is subject to a one year probationary period.